Frequently Asked Questions
19. Is a newborn child covered from day one under the Group Travel Policy?
A newborn child will be covered after 6 month of birth.
20. What are the exclusions under the scheme?
21. Age Limits and Coverage
- Persons between 6 months upto 70 years
- We provide a Senior Citizen Plan for travelers between 71-99
22. Who are the Assistance Companies for Overseas Travel Insurance?
We have two Assistance companies currently servicing Tata AIG on claims. AIG (AIG IS or AIG Assist) is the Assistance company in North & South America (including Canada) while International SOS (ISOS) is the Assistance company in Rest of the World.
23. What are services of AIG IS & ISOS?
- Time bound claims settlement
- Cashless Hospitalization arrangement facility at pre-designated healthcare service points of delivery like hospitals, nursing homes (subject to policy conditions and necessary authorizations)
24. What are the two types of claim settlements?
Reimbursement & Cashless settlement.
25. What do you mean by Reimbursement claim settlement?
Where in the insured himself settles hospital bills and subsequently prefers the claim on Tata AIG through the Assistance Company or directly with the company. Reimbursement of claims takes 7 working days on submission of complete documentation. This will be applicable for all Outpatient Claims.
26. What do you mean by Cashless claim settlement?
AIG IS or ISOS will pay up to 100% of the claim to the hospital in case of hospitals in the preferred network (subject to deductibles under the policy conditions). The same will be done either by placing a Guarantee of Payment (GOP) or making a payment to the hospital. This will be applicable for all Inpatient Claims provided the same is Admissible under the policy.
27. What do you mean by Network Hospitals?
AIG IS & ISOS enters into a Memorandum of Understanding with hospitals across the world to enable Cashless Hospitalization for the insured enlisted under the policy.
28. What are the two types of Cashless hospitalization?
Planned & Emergency hospitalization.
29. What do you mean by Planned hospitalization?
Where in the hospitalization is scheduled for a future date either for treatment or surgery based on doctor's advice.
30. What do you mean by Emergency hospitalization?
Where in the hospitalization occurs due to emergencies.
31. Who to contact during emergency cashless hospitalization at AIG IS or ISOS for assistance?
Assistance Contact Details for AIG IS – North & South America
1-866-866-2619 (Toll Free) / 713-260-5519 (Call Collect) / firstname.lastname@example.org (Email)
Assistance Nos for ISOS – Rest of the World
0091-11-41898860 (Toll Outside Americas) / email@example.com (Email)
32. How is deductible of $100 deduction applicable in case of Cashless hospitalization?
During discharge of the patient and on preparation of the final bill, all expenses that are not payable under the terms and conditions of the travel insurance policy will have to be paid by the patient to hospital. AIG IS & ISOS will directly pay the allowed expenses to the hospital.
33. How is reimbursement claim settled?
The claims settlement shall be made by cheque payment which will be sent directly to the Insured’s address in India. Please furnish accurate details to ensure fast and efficient settlement of claims on the claims form.