Travelling outside India will expose travelers to risks like accidents, sickness and even serious medical emergencies involving hospitalization in unfamiliar locations. Travelers are also vulnerable to baggage loss, delay or losing their passports. When you buy Tata aig travel insurance you are insured against these risks and can use their services through multi-lingual staff familiar with local conditions. TATA's travel insurance products are reputed for their high service, reliability, excellence, worldwide coverage and provide best value for money. This travel insurance is offered with coverage maximum limits ranging from $50,000 to $500,000/ and are available with or without sub-limits.
TATA AIG Travelguard Features
- New features introduced in 2015:
- Coverage available up to the age of 99 years
- New option of coverage without any sub-limits
- Trip Cancellation and Trip Curtailment
- Missed Connection/Departure
- Bounced Hotel/Airline booking
- Home burglary coverage
- Fraudulent Charges (payment Card security)
- Pre-existing coverage up to $1500 in case of life threatening situation
- Medical expenses coverage: The plan covers for medical expenses due to accident and sickness while traveling outside India.
- Checked baggage loss: Reimbursement for loss of checked in baggage.
- Baggage delay: Reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred for purchase of emergency personal goods due to delay in arrival of checked in baggage while overseas.
- Loss of Passport: Coverage for expenses incurred in obtaining a duplicate or new passport.
- Personal liability: Compensation for damages to be paid to a third party, resulting from death, bodily injury or damage to property; caused involuntarily by the insured.
- Hijacking: In the unfortunate event of the common carrier being hijacked, plan will pay a distress allowance.
- In-hospital Indemnity: Pays daily benefit for each day as an inpatient in a hospital due to injury or sickness.
- Trip Delay: Reimbursement of additional expenses due to trip delay (only if the trip is delayed for more than 12 hours).
- Personal Accident: TravelGuard gives worldwide coverage against Accidental Death and Dismemberment while abroad.
- Sickness Dental Relief: The policy pays for immediate dental treatment occurring due to sudden acute pain during an overseas insured journey. Dental benefits will be provided for medically necessary filling of the tooth or surgical treatment, services, or supplies.
Schengen visa plan
Tata AIG travel insurance has a plan to specifically fulfil Schengen visa consular needs, which is approved by the Schengen country consulates. This plan can be purchased to obtain visa for Schengen countries which are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
- Travelers aged 6 months – 55 years are eligible to buy these plans:
- Silver Plan - $50,000 max coverage
- Silver Plus Plan - $100,000 max coverage
- Gold Plan - $250,000 max coverage
- Platinum Plan - $500,000 max coverage
- Travelers aged 56 – 70 years are eligible to buy these plans:
- Silver Plan without sublimits - $50,000 max coverage
- Silver Plus Plan without sublimits - $100,000 max coverage
- Gold Plan without sublimits - $250,000 max coverage
- Platinum Plan without sublimits - $500,000 max coverage
- Travelers aged 70+ years are eligible to buy the below plan:
- Senior Plan without sublimits - $50,000 max coverage
Fill the above Quote Form to avail free quotes for these plans. You have to select "Schengen Countries" as your Travel Destination.
- Travel insurance for UK visitors from India should select the destination as 'Excluding America'.
- The destination should be 'Excluding America' for travel insurance from India to Australia.
- The destination should be 'Including America' for travel insurance from India to Canada and the USA (North and South America).
- For travel within Asia like to Singapore, Thailand (excluding Japan), there is the Asia plan. However this is limited to short trips within 14 days only. For more than 14 days travel insurance to Singapore from India, you should choose the destination as 'Excluding America'.
Claims assistance services
AIG Assist (USA & Canada) and AIG Travel Assist (Rest of World) are available round the clock for any assistance:
AIG IS (AIG International Services Inc.)
- Pre-departure services - information about foreign locations, passport / visa requirements, immunization needs etc
- Emergency Travel Agency - provides 24 hour travel agency service for airline and hotel reservations.
- Medical Assistance - Assistance in contacting the local medical facility and determine the next course of action. Assistance company will also recommend or assist in securing services of local physician and arranging medical services.
- Medical Evacuation & Repatriation - In the event of medical emergency, the assistance services will arrange for evacuation and transportation based on the medical evaluation of traveler condition. Travel Guard also provides for repatriation of remains in case of unfortunate death of the insured while overseas.
- Lost travel documents assistance
- Emergency Message transmission services
- Embassy referral services
- Claims procedures Information services
- Assistance company in Americas (USA, Canada ...)
AIG Travel Assist
- Assistance company outside Americas (Europe, UK, UAE, Asia, Australia ...)
24 hour tata aig travel insurance contact number :
Tata aig health insurance for USA:
1. For the Americas Policies(USA and Canada)
1-866-866-2619 (Toll free within US & Canada)
1-817-826-7017 (reverse charge / collect from other places)
Fax : 713-953-7506
Address for submission of documents:
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited.
A-501, 5th Floor, Building No.4,
Infinity Park, Gen. A.K. Vaidya Marg,
Dindoshi, Malad (East), Mumbai, India - 400097.
2. For rest of the world policies excluding the Americas (UK, UAE, Australia, Europe ..):
Phone: +603-8991-2012 or +603-8991-2014 (toll worldwide)
E-mail (Assistance) : TGAP.TATAmedical@travelguard.com
E-mail (claims) : TGAP.TATAclaims@travelguard.com
To provide quality health care in the United States of America and Canada, TATA AIG is working with the United Health Group, the leading Health Care provider in the USA. This gives our travel insurance from India to USA customers access to United Healthcare network of hospitals and physicians in USA.
AIG Service Center is equipped to provide travelers with all necessary guidance and will help you with the claims procedure.
Failure to call the number provided in the policy with respect to Medical Accident & Sickness Claims (Travel) shall invalidate your claim. In the case of Out patient, OPD treatment (where hospitalization is not required), please keep all bills and receipts and file for reimbursement with the Tata AIG, Claims Department, at the address mentioned above.
More details about TATA travel insurance claims procedure
Best travel insurance from India online
for complete peace of mind - Tata AIG Travel Insurance from India !
Travelers are not covered if expenses incurred involve:
Other benefits include:
- Traveling against the advice of a Physician;
- For obtaining treatment;
- Pre-existing ailments & complications arising out of them;
- Suicide or attempted suicide;
- Illegal Acts;
- Dangerous Sports; etc.
24 hours Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services, Emergency Medical Evacuation,
Repatriation of Remains, Felonious Assault, Lost Luggage, Personal Liability Aboard, Accident and sickness Medical Coverage
For other exclusions please refer to the policy wordings.
Tata AIG Travel Guard India includes
- Medical Emergency Assistance
- Baggage Claim
- Direct settlement for in-Hospital Medical Expenses Abroad (Subject to policy terms and conditions and sub limits)
- Medical Evacuation & Repatriation
- Loss of Passport Assistance
Credit or Debit Card Purchase options
You can buy tata aig international travel insurance online using a credit card from anywhere in the world.
Most of our customers buy these plans from the USA, the UK, UAE, Europe, Canada, Singapore, Australia ... as best visitor insurance for parents from India. For travel to Europe from India, the Schengen state consulates insist on travel insurance from India before issuing the Schengen visa. Customers can buy the plan using an credit or debit card. After completing the application form, you will receive an immediate acknowledgement. The policy along with other relevant documents will be emailed to the ID in the online application. If requested, the insurance policy will also be couriered to the Indian address in the application. Buy TATA Travel insurance using a Credit/Debit card for instant policy.
Cheque / Demand draft / Net Banking - Purchase options
For customers who do not want to use a credit card, payment can be made by Cheque or Demand draft.
The policy will be issued on receiving the cheque or Demand draft.
Call us at +91(80) 4110 1026 in India
. Our travel insurance Advisor will assist you with specific details and you can select the travel plan you need. The tata aig international travel insurance policy is available only to Indian residents. It is ideal travel insurance online from India to Australia, Singapore, UAE, Europe, Canada, USA.