TATA AIG Accident Guard Insurance
Less than Rs. 3 a day - that's all you need to take care of your family.
Life's journey takes you through many twists and turns. You may not be prepared for it, but you have to face it. Accidents, mishaps and other adverse situations bring along dire consequences. They can leave a dent on your life both emotionally and financially, if you are not prepared for it. Some 80,000 people die annually in road accidents in india and if we consider other deaths due to other accidents the figures are much higher. About 40% of those who die are below the age of 45. With TATA AIG on your side you have nothing to fear. It brings to you a comprehensive cover the protects you from all adversities of life.
Presenting TATA AIG's Personal and Family Accident Insurance Plan : With this plan, you can cover yourself for less than Rs. 3 a day! And better still, cover your entire family by paying just a rupee more per day!
TATA AIG Accident Guard Insurance - Features
This plan can be taken in multiple units of Rs.5 lacs up to Rs. 1 crore.** As on add-on, you can also take an accidental Weekly Benefit* in multiples of Rs. 1,000 up to Rs. 10,000.
A plan that covers you and your entire family :
Another feature of Tata AIG's Accident Guard is that it also allows you to insure your spouse and children. Your spouse will be covered for 50% of the principal sum insured whereas each of your children will be insured for 10% of the principal sum insured.
* The number of units of Accidental Weekly Benefit cannot exceed the number of units of Accidental Death and Dismemberment.
** MaxSum insured opted can be -
- in case of Salaried Person - Max 10 times of Income (as appearing in Form 16 / Salary Slip / IT Acknowledgement).
- in case of Self Employed Person - Max 20 times of income (as appearing in IT Acknowledgement / Audited P & L).
TATA AIG Accident Guard Insurance - Unique Features
- Option to choose between self & family
- Take multiple unit of Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs 1 crore
- Option of weekly benefit (Rs. 2000) up to 10 units
- Modification allowance up to Rs. 1 Lakh paid towards cost of modifying your house or vehicle, to combat disability.
- Family transport reimbursement up to Rs. 50000 to the immediate family member.
If the policy is renewed, the sum(s) insured increases by 5% each year up to 5 years. For example, if you have taken 2 units of Rs. 10 lacs and renew the policy for the next year, your insured amount becomes Rs. 10.5 lacs for the same premium.
Additional features if Family option is taken
Educational allowance :
In case of accidental death, 10% of the principal sum insured paid towards your children's educational benefit.
Repatriation of remains :
An amount upto Rs. 5000 towards the repatriation of the insured person's remains.
Modification Allowance :
In case of a Permanent Total Disability or Dismemberment, an amount up to a maximum of Rs. 1,00,000 will be reimbursed to you towards the cost of modifying your house or vehicle, to combat Disability.
Double Dismemberment benefit for children :
For your children who are automatically insured, Dismemberment benefit doubles.
Family Transportation :
When as a result of an accident, the principal insured is confined in a hospital outside 150kms of his residence, we will reimburse the actual transportation expenses incurred by the immediate family member, to reach the insured person up to a maximum of Rs. 50,000.
Important Exclusion :
The main exclusion includes suicide, military service or operations, war, illegal act, bacterial infection, disease, AIDS, dangerous sports, etc.,
Occupational Classes-Definition :
1. Class I & II- White coller non-hazardous occupations with office, showroom only i.e. lawyers; doctors; dentists; office executives; clerks; salesmen; superintending engineers, etc. Semi-hazardous occupations with duties in a supervisory capacity (not a machine operator of any type, nor doing manual work, labour, etc.)
2. Class III & IV- Skilled or semi-skilled workers using light/heavy machinery i.e. filling station attendants, taxi drivers, heavy motor vehicle drivers, industrial workers or unskilled labours, construction workers, electricians, farmers, labourers etc.