A health insurance plan that covers critical illness means you can insure yourself against the risk of serious illness. It will give you the same security of knowing that a guaranteed cash amount will be paid if the unexpected happens and you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
This is a benefit policy which pays the sum insured as lump sum amount once you are diagnosed with one of the listed critical illness*:
- Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
- Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Major Organ Transplant
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- First Heart Attack
- Kidney Failure
- Arota Graft Surgery
- Covers 10 major illnesses like cancer, heart attack, paralysis, etc.
- The benefit amount is payable once the disease is diagnosed meeting specific criteria and the insured survives 30 days after the diagnosis*
- Medical examination may be required in some cases based on the age and the benefit amount opted by the propose.
- Very competitive premium rates
- The insured receives the amount as lump sum so that he can plan the treatment accordingly
- Expenses like donor expenses in a transplant surgery, which are not covered under normal health insurance policy, can be paid out of the amount received under this cover
- Premium paid is exempt under the section 80 D of Income Tax Act as per existing IT laws.
- Hassle-free in house claim settlement.
- Lifetime renewal facility
- Sum insured options of Rs. 100000/- to Rs. 5000000/- for age group of 6 yrs. to 60 yrs.
- Sum insured options of Rs. 100000/- to Rs. 500000/- for age group of 61 yrs. to 65 yrs.
- Sum insured available from 1,00,000 to Rs. 50,00,000
- Age band - 6 yrs - 59 Years.
- Any critical illness for which care, treatment, or advice was recommended or which was first manifested or contracted before
- Any critical illness diagnosed within the first 90 days
- Death with in 30 days following the diagnosis of the critical illness
- Presence of HIV/AIDS infection
- Treatment arising from or traceable to pregnancy or childbirth, including caesarean section and birth defects
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, terrorism, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution
- Naval or military operations of the armed forces or air force and participation in operations requiring the use of arms or which are ordered by military authorities for combating terrorists, rebels and the like, any natural peril
- Consequential losses of any kind, be they by way of loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of gain, business interruption etc.
NOTE: The details furnished above do not constitute the entire terms and conditions.