Hyderabad is the capital city of Andhra Pradesh, situated on the banks of Musi River in the south of India. This is the city famous for pearls and the upcoming projects of Hyderabad are the metropolis.
The culture of Hyderabad was improved and developed by seven rulers. The markets of diamonds, pearls, steel for arms, and also printed fabric became famous during the period of Qutb Shahi.
Aurangzeb conquered the Golconda kingdom in 1687 but unfortunately he ruled only for eight months. Aurangzeb contributed towards expanding the kingdom after his death it led to the kingdom declination, and then the Nizam’s came to the power and signed the treaty of Masulipatnam and subsidiary alliance with the East India Company, in 1768 and 1798.
Persian was the official language up to 1893 and then Urdu up to 1948. Even though the British rested at Hyderabad, the state continued to be ruled by nizam.
This is famous for bangles with the most precious stones with different colors.
Handlooms & Sarees:
Here many different types of sarees are available namely
- Dharmavaram silk sarees.
- Narayanpet sarees.
- Venkatagiri sarees.
- Pochampalli sarees.
This place is famous for art and craft items. Traditional handloom textiles, carpets, durries and bed linen are made here.
This is an oldest shop with many different items like cufflinks, vases, ashtrays, ornaments, knick-knacks, nameplates and more.
This Art place is famous for Nirmal paintings and unique style artistic picture with some beautiful colors.
Brass ware shops:
You can get marvelous brassware items with the affordable price, from a famous person called Pembarty.
The new airport of Hyderabad is Rajiv Gandhi Airport situated at Shamshabad which is 30km far from the city. It connects the major airlines of the city.
There are three main railway stations located:
- Hyderabad Railway Station.
- Secunderabad Railway Station.
- Kachiguda Railway Station.
Railway station is near to the city. The railway destination is situated in Nampally way. Using the railway facility one can visit other places inside and outside Andhra Pradesh. Hussain Sagar Express, Hyderabad-Mumbai, Hyderabad-New Delhi, Hyderabad-Chennai, Hyderabad-Pune etc. other rails available in this city.
The city is connected to other cities by means of airlines, rails, and bus. This will help the people to travel to other cities and state. Presently two bus terminals available in Hyderabad, namely
- Afzal Gunj Stand: transportation within the city.
- The Jubilee Bus Stand: for longer distances and to travel for other states. The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transportation Corporation (APSRTC) is the biggest bus transportation in the city with many private buses, deluxe and AC buses.
Places to see
- Birla Mandir:This is temple with full of white marble, which resembles Tirupati temple in Andhra Pradesh.
- Nehru Zoological Park:Here you find more than 300 varieties of birds and animals. The park is full of greenery.
- Hussainsagar Lake:This is one of the famous places where you find the boating and water games. Near the lake you can find NTR Gardens and Lumbini Park.