- 4 medium tomatoes (pureed)
- 2 onions chopped finely
- 5-6 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 4 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp. chilly powder
- 1/2 cup peanuts roasted and powdered
- 3 yellow corn (boiled and cut into 3 pieces each)
- 1 cup corn niblets
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 small pieces of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan. Add mustard seeds and after they splutter add green chilies and onions.
- Fry for two minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger paste. Fry onions till golden brown and then add chilly powder, cumin powder, bay leaves, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Cook this mixture for about a minute and add the corn niblets and tomato puree.
- Cook till oil separates from tomato puree.
- Add powdered peanuts and enough water to make thick gravy.
- To this mixture add boiled corn, salt and lime juice to taste.
- Cook on low heat for about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Add water if necessary.
Serve fresh corn sabji with hot roti/chapati for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
We appreciate your feedback, please Contact NRIOL