Reliance Travel Insurance for Schengen Countries
- Plan is available as Standard (50,000 in Euro) and Basic(30,000 in Euro).
- Coverage and claim settlement in Euro.
- Plan satisfies Schengen countries mandated by the consulates.
- Travelers aged 6 months - 80 years are eligible to buy Schengen plans.
- Travelers aged above 80 years please call us at +91-80-41101026 or Click here for options
- Minimum sum insured is Euro 30,000 as per the requirements of Schengen Visa.
- Covers pre-existing conditions in case of life threatening situations (as per terms and conditions.) for travelers aged below 70 years.
Thanks to the Schengen visa, travelers can visit any of the 26 Schengen Countries. Indians visiting the Schengen countries need the Schengen visa. One of the requirements while applying for the Schengen visa is adequate travel insurance. The Schengen country consulates have clearly defined the insurance requirements for issuing the Schengen visa. Reliance general insurance has designed an unique plan called Reliance Travel Care which satisfies the travel insurance needs for the Schengen visa and this has been approved by the Schengen consulates for travelers aged up to 80 years.
Note: The list of Schengen Countries where Reliance Schengen insurance plan is accepted are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Benefits of Schengen insurance plans
- Policy Coverage
Medical Expenses including transportation and evacuation
- Our overseas Travel insurance covers you for any emergency medical expenses incurred by you or any of your family members whilst abroad, for any sudden illness or injury.
- We also reimburse emergency expenses towards medical evacuation to India.
- We cover the cost of transporting the mortal remains of the deceased back home or the costs towards burial abroad, in case of one's untimely demise.
We cover dental expenses incurred by you or any of your family members for any acute anesthetic treatment of teeth due to an injury.
In case of an accident, we will provide compensation for death or permanent disability.
Accidental Death and Common Carrier
The policy also provides compensation for death or permanent disability due to an accident on any flight, ship or other common carrier.
Loss of passport
In case you lose your passport, we shall reimburse the cost of obtaining a fresh or duplicate passport
Total Loss of checked-in baggage
If your checked baggage is delayed more than 12 hours, your essential expenses shall be reimbursed. In case of total loss of baggage by the common carrier, we will provide compensation for the same.
We shall provide for the Return fare for any one accompanying person - spouse / child / family doctor
We offer compensation for liability/damages paid to a third party, resulting from death, injury or damage to health or property that is caused involuntarily by you or your family member abroad.
- Pre-existing medical conditions, unless of life threatening condition.
- Suicide, self inflicted injury or illness.
- Mental disorder, anxiety, stress or depression.
- Venereal diseases, alcohol/drug abuse, HIV/AIDS.
- Traveling against the advice of physician.
- Receiving or are on a waiting list for specified medical treatment.
- Traveling for the purpose of availing treatment.
- Has received a terminal prognosis for a medical condition.
- Theft or loss of passport when left unattended or not informed to police authorities.
- Loss of checked-in baggage, no partial loss or damage shall become payable.
- War or nuclear threat.