Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition
- Insureds aged below 70 years are covered at no additional charge: Treatment must be received within 24 hours of the onset. The Inbound programs offer a per injury/per sickness benefit to the insureds. The acute onset benefit will be the same amount as your client's chosen policy maximum, however, unlike the policy maximum, the acute onset is paid on a per period of policy basis. This means if multiple acute onsets of a pre-existing condition occur, regardless of whether or not they are a different condition, we will only pay to the cumulative per maximum period of policy .
- Examples are as follows
- Flu 01/01/2013: $50,000 per illness, payable to the scheduled amounts.
- Rash-02/01/2013: $50,000 per illness, payable to the scheduled amounts.
- Heart attack-03/01/2013: (determined to be an acute onset of a pre-existing condition) $50,000 per period of policy, payable to the scheduled amounts - total paid is $25,000.
- Diabetes-04/01/2013: (determined to be an acute onset of a pre-existing condition) $25,000 is available for the acute onset benefit, payable to the scheduled amounts.