Insurance for F2 Visa Holder
International Students (F1 visa), their spouses and children (F2 dependents) are required by US Universities to have good medical insurance coverage. International Students (F1 visa) Health Insurance plans cover medical expenses (pre-existing conditions & pregnancy may be covered), prescription drugs expenses, emergency medical evacuation and repatriation.
Overview of F2 Visa
The spouse and minor children accompanying an F-1 student are eligible for admission in F-2 status if the student is admitted in F-1 status. The spouse and minor children following-to-join an F-1 student are eligible for admission to the United States in F-2 status if they are able to demonstrate that the F-1 student has been admitted and is, or will be within 30 days, enrolled in a full course of study, or engaged in approved practical training following completion of studies. A F2 visa holder may remain in the US as long as the F1 holder remains in legal status. A F2 visa holder may change his or her status in the US.
- Emergency Medical Expenses
- Dental Expenses
- Prescription Drugs
- Pregnancy, Maternity Expenses
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- Emergency Medical Reunion
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Flight Accident or Common Carrier Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Home Country Coverage
- Features for renewals so that periodic premium payments can be made
- High coverage amounts up to $5 Million for long term stay in the US (some plans are similar to main-stream plans offered only to US citizens or permanent residents)
- Various levels of Deductibles and Co-insurance to suit your needs
- Possibility of covering pre-existing conditions
- Maternity coverage after a certain period of time
- Reduced rates for dependent children
- Most plans can make direct payments to hospitals and doctors
How to compare different plan options?
We have created a friendly online insurance compare/quote facility. Here you have to enter the relevant information. Our system will then search all your options from leading insurers and produce a list of plans that you are eligible for. You can easily compare different plans based on their price and coverage features. You can then select the one that you like best and buy it online.
United States university insurance requirements
Most universities in the United States insist that all student have medical insurance coverage. In fact some states mandate student insurance as a requirement and no international student in F-1, F-2, J-1 or J-2 non-immigrant status shall be permitted to register or continue enrollment at a university without demonstrating that he or she has adequate medical insurance coverage for illness or accidental injury.