Atithi devo Bhava Program was introduced by Government of India and Ministry of Tourism. This is to teach the stakeholders the importance of tourists and tourism places. The increase in number will definitely lead to the economic growth.
This program brings the awareness in the people towards the preservation of our culture, heritage and hospitality. The entire Campaign of Atithi Devo Bhava involves Sensitization, Screening, Training, Orientation, Certification and Feedback.
The main aim of this program is to train the taxi drivers, guides, police and other people who directly interacting with the tourists of how the foreign tourist should be treated in India.
India was visited only by 3.3 million tourists every year, it's very less when compared to country. If we want to increase our tourists to 100% we have to change the hospitality towards the people and they should not be cheated and misguided.
India is rich in wealth, adventures places, greenery places but still India in the 15th position among the famous places, so we need to change our views towards the tourists.
India is rich in culture and heritage. The people are greeted and respected in India, from the past days we respect our parents and guests. Earlier days Indian hospitality was given the more prominence and that can be bought back to the present days. This can be the major reason why the most foreign tourist is attracted towards India.
The main motto is:
- Our guest is blessed.
- Our tourist is God.
- Samvedan Sheelta or Sesitisation: Here the tourism centers/industry will come to known the advantages or the benefits that they get from this program and their contribution towards the improvement of the tourism places.
- Prashikshan or Training and Induction: Here they will teach about how the tourist should be treated and satisfy their expectations as they travel so far.
- Prerna or Motivation: This is to motivate the people to indulge in various programs.
- Pramani Karan or Certification: Certifications are issued based on the performance.
- Pratipushti or Feedback: This program is based on the feedback from the foreign tourist this is very important to improve ourselves.
- Samanya Bodh or General Awareness: Here the media program is undertaken to create the awareness among the people about how to treat the people from outside.
- Swamitwa or Ownership: This program should be taken care by all the tourism industries.
- Hygiene & Cleanliness: It all deals about the cleanliness of the guide and how clean it should be near the monument place.
- Conduct and Behaviour: The personal behaviour of the guide to should be good towards the foreign tourists.
- Integrity and Honesty: The guide of the foreign tourists should be loyal.
- Safety and Security: The Safety and Security of the foreign tourist is very important.
Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Agra, Aurangabad, and Goa
- Hygiene: This tells about the hygiene of the tourist and the guide.
- Conduct and behaviour: This tells about how to behave with the foreign visitors.
- Integrity: It tells about the person should not be cheated and misguided.
- Safety and Security: Guide should take care of foreign tourists.
these are the important cities where the training program is held.
There will be certification for this program based on the performance and the information they gain that is valid only for 6 months after that again they should undergo the training process to get their certificate.
PR Road Shows:
Importance of PR Road Shows is to take part in the Atithi Devo Bhava program with the tourist. Currently this program held in 7 different cities.
Mass Media Communication:
This program is based on how the foreign visitors should be treated when they come to India, this program will be broadcasted in the newspapers, TV, and cinemas.
Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Mumbai, Aurangabad, Goa and Hyderabad are the place where we can find the Indian Tourism offices. They coordinate and control the important part of the program also called as training. The roles to be considered in the program are:
a) Supporting the training team to run in an efficient manner.
b) Getting the registration from the stakeholders for the purpose of training and can be in touch throughout the training program.
c) Again the stakeholders are approach after six months for re-training and re-certification.